“Traditional Cooking Class”
Naxos Island, Cyclades – Philema Food Tours
Activity (-ies): Cooking Class
Visits: 1 (cheese farm)
Operator : Philema Food Tours (travel agency)
Location: Naxos Island, Cyclades
Region: S. Aegean, Greece
Greek.Food.Tour Cert Status (pots): 2/2
A unique 4 hour traditional cooking experience that takes place in a small scale cheese farm.
Chef/Cook (name / title): Ms Katerina, 40 years local food cooking experience
Chef Cert status:
No. of participants: 4-8
Difficulty Level: easy – no experience needed
Languages: English, French
Duration: 4 hours
Starting Hour: 10.00 am
Days (inc./exl): daily, summer season
A unique 4 hour traditional cooking experience that takes place in a small scale cheese farm.Enjoy the chance to visit a young couple of farmers in their farm, located on a hilltop with great views to the sea as well as to the farming lands of southwest Naxos.
Visit one of the many small cheese making facilities in Naxos, where the young owners keep their vegetable garden and raise their animals. In this farm you’ll have the opportunity to cook on fire and take flavors to a whole new level!
Yannis, the farmer, will help you milk his goats and show you how he makes his cheese.
His wife Katerina, will teach you how to cook local recipes, with fresh ingredients that you can pick up from the garden.
Then, everyone will sit down to rest underneath the olive tree and enjoy the feast.
Main dishes / products prepared
1. Greek Salad with local cheese
2. Stuffed vine leaves
3. Tzatziki (yougart sauce with garlic and cucumber)
4. Spinach pie
1. All food and drinks & cooking material and equipement
2. Transportation with pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Naxos island
3. Guiding services with private, local guides
4. All legal taxes
1. Buying local products from the farm or any other venue that the group visits
2. Any cost not specifically included
Additional info about the Menu/Place/Activity:
1. Not suitable for kids under 8
2. Parts of the activity is NOT suitable for people with special mobility needs – please contact the organiser for details
3. The food provided is vegetarian-style.
4. Special arrangements can be made for people with special nutrition needs or priorities – please contact the organiser.
5. Participants will receive a copy of the main recipes that will be used (in English)
6. All participants in Greek.Food.Tour Certified activities have access to Greek restaurants with specials offers – upon completion of the activiy, each participants will be given affiliated restaurants in his own country.
NEARBY HOTELS – hotels in NAXOS:
A great collection of “food-friendly” hotels can be found in Naxos Island, Greece; we can suggest some if you send us a mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)